You are welcomed by a quick start guide that shows you how to perform various tasks in UltraEdit. This is ideal for novice users.
When you first initialize it, you can configure programming, web development and general file associations. Although it’s a program with a fairly small size, UltraEdit has a complex interface.
The main sections found here are File View (a tree structure in which you browse hard drives, CDs or FTP accounts for files), Open Files, Output Window, and Template List, while the side bar contains Clipboard History, Macro List, Script List, and XML Manager.
There are many, many features displayed in the menu bar, so you need some time to go through everything. If you do not know where to start, just use the help file.
UltraEdit has a column mode that changes the editor so you can select text, a class viewer, a resource editor and code folding.
Furthermore, it supports command line parameters, drag and drop files and text, but also sports a PHP script debugger and a spell checker while you write. You can brace match functionality, view the total number of lines which contain the find string, and more.
On top of everything else, UltraEdit uses a small amount of CPU and memory resources.
So, if you want the necessary software components of a web developer and programmer all rolled up into one, then you can take a look at UltraEdit.
• Easily open and edit large files – 4 GB and beyond!
• Multi-caret editing and multi-select
• Column (block) mode editing
• Powerful search. Find and replace in files, regular expressions, inverse search, etc.
• File compare
• Code syntax highlighting for nearly any programming language
• Code folding and hierarchical function listing
• Beautify and reformat source code
• Powerful XML handling. XML tree view, reformatting, validation, etc.
• Auto-closing XML/HTML tags
• Smart templates – automatic intelligent code completion
• Editor themes – skin the entire app
• Powerful and configurable tools
• File and data sorting
• Integrated FTP client (supports FTP, SFTP, and FTPS)
• Integrated SSH/telnet client
• Filtered spell checker
• Unicode/UTF-8 support
• Split/duplicate window editing
• Hex editing
• Macros and scripts for automated editing
• CSV data reformatting
• Log file polling
• File encryption and decryption
• Integrated Ctags (symbols listing)
• Base64 encode/decode
• Project support
• Robust bookmarking
* not available
Title Release: UltraEdit.188.8.131.52
Developer: Home Page
IDM UltraEdit Pro 184.108.40.206 x32 (79 MB)
IDM UltraEdit Pro 220.127.116.11 x64 (86 MB)
IDM UltraEdit Pro 18.104.22.168 Portable (147 MB)