Java SE Runtime Environment 8 – Oracle’s Java is a technology used on all major platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux) to ensure a secure working environment for various applications. Platform portability is one of its major advantages and thanks to this, almost every piece of electronic equipment in the world uses Java technologies. Billions of PCs, mobile phones, Blu-ray players, printers, medical devices, car navigation systems or webcams make us of it.
• Java enables developers to create software on one platform and provide it to users running other platforms. Thus, an application developed on Windows can successfully run on Mac or Linux and vice versa. Java Runtime Environment allows the execution of almost any software, from games to web applications and services.
Running JAR applications
• Java Runtime Environment (JRE) incorporates a virtual machine (also known as the Java Virtual Machine), a collection of core classes and adjacent platform libraries. Actually, JRE represents a runtime environment for the virtual machine and is the part that allows users to run .jar applications (Java archive, proprietary Java format). During installation, Java Runtime Environment also deploys a plugin that facilitates the execution of applets within local browsers.
How it works
• While Java sits patiently on the computer, it instantly acts when called upon. And that happens more often than you may think of. Whether you play online games or chat with your friends, Java is running in the background making sure you have an enjoyable experience.
• Oracle’s platform also features a Control Panel that allows the configuration of network and temporary Internet file settings or security certificates. You can also manage the settings of the JRE and access more advanced functions such as Debugging, Java console, Default Java for Browsers, Java Plug-in, JavaFX runtime, JRE Auto-Download or Security.
An essential tool for developing software and deploying it in a cross-platform environment
• The Java Runtime Environment is also meant to be distributed by developers alongside their main Java application. This way, they make sure that you will be able to run their Java-written programs. It is used at large scale on various devices and has reached a usability level to the point where having it is not optional anymore.
• Write software on one platform and run it on practically any other platform
• Create programs to run within a web browser and web services
• Develop server-side applications for online forums, stores, polls, HTML forms processing, and more
• Combine Java technology-based applications or services to create highly customized applications or services
• Write powerful and efficient applications for mobile phones, remote processors, low-cost consumer products, and practically any device with a digital heartbeat
* Click here
Title Release: Java.SE.Runtime.Environment.9
Developer: Home Page
OS: Windows (Vista/7/8/10/Server 2012/2008 R2)
Java SE Runtime Environment 8 Update 152 x32 (58 MB)
Java SE Runtime Environment 8 Update 152 x64 (65 MB)
Java SE Runtime Environment 9 x64 (85 MB)