KC Softwares KCleaner – is a simple-to-use and powerful tool designed to remove unused files from the computer, whether we are talking about web browser cache, Recycle Bin contents, or other types of data. It automatically finds the objects and lets you pick the ones to eliminate.
Customize file types
• The GUI is not necessarily attractive but it is easy to tinker with. You can get started by selecting the kinds of data to identify and delete, such as Recycle Bin items, Windows installer duplicates, Apple installer cache, temporary and recent files, cookies, Firefox cache, MSN Messenger, Opera and Google Updater cache, together with hotfixes and service pack uninstallers. This selection can be reset to default.
Configure data security and general settings
• KCleaner lets you scramble the file names and trim the objects before deletion to enhance security, pick the deletion method between standard, 1 or 3 passes, as well as choose the automatic cleaning frequency (in hours).
• The application can be asked to automatically run at system startup, minimize to the system tray area, log deletions to file to inspect them later, as well as to switch to expert mode by default. The UI language can be changed too.
Run a simulation to check for any issues
• In expert mode it is possible to simulate a cleaning operation to find out the exact files that KCleaner wants to get rid of, along with their location on the disk. You can exclude any one of them from the actual removal procedure. What’s more, the computer can be set to immediately shut down or restart on task completion, or the app can just be closed.
Evaluation and conclusion
• We have not come across any unpleasant surprises in our testing because KCleaner did not freeze, crash or display errors. It carries out cleaning operations swiftly while remaining light on system resources.
• Taking everything into account, KCleaner provides users with a simple and effective method to securely deleting unnecessary files, backed by handy customization preferences. However, those who are not satisfied with it can look into CCleaner, Wise Disk Cleaner or east-tec Eraser, to name some examples.
• Detects and cleans temporary and useless files (cache, unused setup files)
• Automatic mode working in background
• Secured file deletion method
• Expert mode: let users control any file deletion done by KCleaner
• Internationalization support.
* not available