SMARTHDD – is a program intended for troubleshooting and operation optimization of HDD and SSD storages
Every minute SMARTHDD analyzes condition of every disk in the system and notifies a user as soon as there’s information loss risk or anything of the following is detected:
. Pre-emergency condition of a storage
. Degradation of a data storage device
. Expiring manufacturer’s warranty
. Temperature of a drive is above the recommended value
• SMARTHDD evaluates disk performance and defragments file systems. The unique algorithm of the program detects the manufacturer of an SSD controller even for those solid state drives that are unknown to the program, which in turn means the program can interpret S.M.A.R.T. attributes correctly in all cases.
• SMARTHDD software allows adjusting characteristics of hard disk and solid state drives by modifying positioning speed of magnetic heads (AAM) and fine tuning power consumption (APM).
• Equipped with the S.M.A.R.T. technology, SMARTHDD invokes the built-in self-diagnosis of disk drives. Quick self-diagnosis checks electronic components and the drive head positioning system, this takes about 1-2 minutes. Complete self-diagnosis additionally checks the information storage, this could take up to several hours for high capacity hard drives. The built-in self-diagnosis is performed by the drive itself completely in the background, and therefore it doesn’t affect performance of the computer. Storage analysis runs on the maximum possible speed of the drive which means the test goes quickly even for those disks that are connected to the computer via slow interfaces like USB.
• SMARTHDD displays drive temperature in the taskbar notification area. In order to save screen space the program can be configured to display temperature of the drive generating the most heat only. If the temperature exceeds the maximum recommended by the manufacturer, the value turns red, otherwise the program displays it in green. If the program cannot obtain the value of the recommended temperature maximum set by the manufacturer based on drive specifications, it uses the temperature of 55 degrees as the maximum.
• SMARTHDD consumes minimum memory and CPU resources and does not use any third-party libraries except pure WinAPI. • The software is compatible with Microsoft Windows XP – 10. Enjoy.
* Added the definition of the trademark “QUMO”.
* Improved handling of connection/removal of data storage via USB.
1. [Disable AD-BLOCK]** If Enabled.
2. On Download Page, Click on "Free Download" Box & Click "Create download link" & Download it.