Why Can’t I Connect – is a network diagnostic tool that makes it easier to resolve TCP/IP connection errors. Use it to diagnose connections to common server types (Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL Server, FTP, SFTP, IMAP, POP3, SMTP, IRC, LDAP, Usenet) and create generic / user defined TCP/IP clients and servers. Maybe a firewall is blocking the requested port, the port isn’t listening, DNS isn’t returning the expected address, DHCP hasn’t supplied a local IP address, the SSL / TLS certificate has expired, the WiFi login isn’t complete… The application will step through the connection process, resolving all IP addresses, displaying all sent and received messages in both hexadecimal and ascii. Any errors will be reported with possible causes for the error. “Why Can’t I Connect?” is a DIAGNOSTIC TOOL ONLY. It will find the root cause of the error but it will not, apart from incomplete WiFi / wired network logins, attempt to repair the connection. The application is intended for users with some network experience or users who wish to be able to supply technical details to a help desk. There is currently support for Windows and Linux operating systems.
• Network debugging
• Network diagnostics
• Email connection debugging
• Database connection debugging
• LDAP connection debugging
• Internet relay chat connection debugging
• Usenet connection debugging
• Network intrusion detection
* Modified wxWidgets dependency for Ubuntu release 16.04
1. [Disable AD-BLOCK]** If Enabled.
2. On Download Page, Click on "Free Download" Box & Click "Create download link" & Download it.